Monday, April 29, 2013

Light: Up and Down

If you look out on a clear, rural Kansas night, you can see the Milky Way, and the Dippers.  Orion's Belt.  Cassiopeia. You can see a couple of planets.  Satellites loping low along the horizon.  Meteors.  There's a completely different canvas outdoors in rural Kansas, if one looks up in the night.

On my Eastern Seaboard Runaround, most of my flights were in the dark: before dawn or after dusk.

What did I see?  I was fascinated.  Lights!  Lights!  Lots of humanity on the East Coast!
 So while Earth is lit up on the Eastern Seaboard any given night, rural Kansas is only lit up if one looks upwards to the heavens.

Both scopes are tremendously hypnotizing.  I hope both venues appreciate that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...