Thursday, April 04, 2013

Cycling Season!

What a difference a week makes.  Last week I received an email from our university's cycling team: Would we Armstrongs consider housing the officials for the upcoming K-State Collegiate races?  This is something that we have enjoyed doing on an annual basis, either housing the race officials (read: mature adults) or one of the out-of-state cycling teams (read: really, really fun college kids!).    I consulted that Spouse o' Mine, and was not surprised when he suggested we sit out this year.  We have a busy week coming up, and this would be "just one more thing".  And so I sent our regrets.

This morning, I got a call from that Spouse o' Mine from his office.  The K-State cycling team was  in real need of more homestays; he thought maybe we should go ahead and open our home.  I was all for it - I love these weekends!  And so I sent an email and...

We are now housing the Iowa State University cycling team - ten cyclists.

It's gonna be a fun, fun weekend!

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Wow, that's a lot! It will be fun.

Louise Plummer said...

What is it with aging spouses? This grumpiness settles in, but wasn't he sweet to change his mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...