Saturday, March 23, 2013

Palm Sunday

I went to church tonight instead of in the morning.  Chapel service is quiet and I especially liked the visiting pastor's Palm Sunday sermon, which had me from the get-go until the end.

This is my favorite recording of Handel's Messiah's "Rejoice!" song.  During Big Family Christmas, for what seems like years and years, we have sung this song.  Mind you, Kathleen Battle one-ups us Websters, et al hillbillies when we sing it, but on the flip side, then, I can safely say that none of us Websters have any reason to act like prima donas, either.  Huh.

 Kathleen Battle - Messiah - Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion

Handel took his scripture for this song from Zechariah 9:9   King James Version (KJV)
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee...

I love this song.  I sing it in the car a lot. 

1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

A nice surprise for this Palm Sunday morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...