Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

Swiftly go the days...
Today is our 26th wedding anniversary.  Wowee.  I mean, WOWEE.  Had I known that the time between 1984 and 2010 was going to zip by like a time warp, I certainly would have taken better notes.  Someone should have warned me that time moves more quickly as one gets older.  I think that's an NPR article this week, but you can Google that one yourself.

Twenty-six years ago this week, we got married, honeymooned in Rome and Innsbruck, and then headed to our first home as a married couple: Cairo, Egypt.  I often contend that that year in Egypt more or less cemented our marriage; we had no one but each other to turn to that year.  Couldn't run home to Mom and Dad, and in the days pre-computer (HA! What?!), I managed one phone call home each month.  We would go to church on Sunday afternoons, and this was the same time that my family was going to church on Sunday mornings in Pryor Creek, Oklahoma.  That helped my homesickness some.  Letters from family were dear to me.  I still have those letters, to and from; they are much like a diary of my newlywed year.

So here we are, that spouse o' mine and I, twenty-six years of wedded bliss later:  three kids later, 6 homes later, probably a million highs and lows later.

Here we are.

1 comment:

Claire Hilary said...

You need to post some of those letters! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...