Friday, January 29, 2010

Biathlon : I Could Do This!

Biathlon : Greek for two-test (more-or-less).

XC skiing and shooting a gun.  I could do this!  I could SOoooo do this!

First of all I would have to re-do the bottom of my right XC ski and affix fish scales (what I call it) to the bottom.  And find out which ski poles in the barn loft work for my body type (short-ish).  That spouse o' mine says XC ski poles should be longer than traditional downhill ski poles, but I beg to differ.  I think my short ones do just fine, thank you, and besides, who is aspiring to the Olympic Biathlon Team anyway, he or I?

As for the shooting, well, we own no guns to speak of, save for a USPC Pony Club tetrathlon pistol and a kid's pellet gun rifle.  Neither of which I have spent much time shooting, but if the Olympics are in my 49-year old cards in twelve short days, then by golly, I will venture out into the WAYyyy below-freezing temps this weekend and commence my Annie Oakley training.

I could do this!  I could SOoooo do this!

I wonder, whom do I call for this late-call-to-Olympian fame?  Is there a special 1-800-Olympic-Coach number that I am not privvy to?

More winter...tomorrow!

3 comments:

xpda said...

Paul's right. Use long poles. And don't use any ammunition -- your horses will thank you.

Anonymous said...

1-800-CALL-CLINT

Gillian said...

Oh I want to do this too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...