Saturday, September 19, 2009

Touring with Niece Melinda:

It is 7:00 am and I am sitting near Niece Melinda's open balcony door, listening to the rain. Because it IS Seattle. There WOULD have to be rain on the morning we two are to venture out to Lincoln Park to watch The Boy run.

The amount of activity we have engaged in in the past 40 hours is amazing. Niece Melinda picked me up at the airport on Thursday at noon, and before we arrived on her doorstep we managed to lunch (Indian cuisine), visit 4 parks, have coffee, (because it IS Seattle, home of Starbucks), visit a chocolate factory (because Niece Melinda knows her Auntie too well), and do some light grocery shopping (fresh salmon and asparagus for dinner!)

Yesterday I walked at least a half-million acres of University of Washington (U-Dub, it is called). These acres were not flat K-State acres, they were vertical. Vertical and along the water. If I were a student at U-Dub, I would be too busy looking at the passing sailboats and cruise ships to entertain any thought of requirements and electives.

We dropped by REI to pick up some shoes for Niece Melinda (because she likes to rock climb!), grabbed some Greek food, and headed to the museum and botanical gardens. To cap off the day, we ventured to the Ballard Locks, where the boats and ships pass to head off into the wild aquatic yonder. My word, you should have seen the salmon jumping around the locks! These fish were big and very pretty!

So now we two are off to the races, after which time she will send me packing on some bus to points north. Bellingham, here I come...

(I should mention that a good time has been had!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...