Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I am not Linked in

Years ago I must have done something to enter the LinkedIn site.  I really do not recall what or where or when.  I honestly do not recall "LinkedIn".  But I get numerous emails from LinkedIn telling me that folks want to join or link or whatever.

The trouble is, I went on a couple of months ago to see what the hullaballoo was about, and I could not even retrieve my account.  In fact, I had no idea what my LinkedIn name was, so forget about any potential password.  It was like LinkedIn was sending me emails and I had no idea - NO IDEA at all, what they were on about.

And you know what?  It's still the same situation today, July 2nd, 2014.  I cannot access LinkedIn, (well), and that I am self-employed with a fairly obscure job, I am not seeing how this thing, this site, this whatever, can aid me in my professional life.    

So: for those of you who are irritated that I have not joined you on LinkedIn...

It's because I have no clue what's going on.  And yes: this may nip me in the rear, or it may simply sail west/south/north/east of me in the future, and I will be done with it.

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

I signed up with LinkedIn a few years ago to "help out a friend" but got tired of all the emails. Also, since I am NOT a business person, I could see no real purpose for me having an account with them. So I tried to get rid of my account...it took jumping thru many hoops, standing on my head with my tongue sticking out and waving a wire coat hanger. Needless to say, I am NOT a fan of that site! Good luck getting rid of them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...