Thursday, January 01, 2015

A New Year: 2015

We've had a rollicking good Christmas season: meeting all the adult kids in Colorado for a week.  We took a whirlwind New Year's trek to visit family in Oklahoma - the vortex included sending out a last-minute email to the extended, local family which read:

"They don't know it yet, but Mom & Dad, or Granny & Grandpa, or Gma & Gpa, or Don & Merlene, are having soup at their house Wednesday evening at 6:30 with Paul and me.  Every one of you is invited to join us!  (They know we're coming; I just didn't tell them the soup and you all are coming, too.)

There will be corn chowder and vegetable barley stew.  And bread.  And shortbread.

I hope we see you Wednesday!
~ Tricia

P.S. ~
Beautiful Soup, so rich so green,
Waiting in a hot tureen
Who for such dainties

Would not stoop.

Soup of the evening
Beautiful Soup,
Soup of the evening,
Beautiful Soup

Beautiful Sou-oop
Beautiful Sou-oop
Soup of the evening Beautiful Sou-oop
Beautiful, Beautiful Soup...


I love Lewis Carroll.  So last night, New Year's Eve, we had four generations of Websters gathered at my parents' house in Oklahoma.  And some of them brought soup as well!  Ages 9 months-86 years old.  That's a good family eve.

And now we are back home, that Spouse o' Mine and I.  It's quiet in the house, and I suppose this would be a good afternoon to commence with my New Year's resolution.  It's a simple scheme, in theory.  There is only one sentence to it, from Pearl S. Buck:

"Order is the shape upon which beauty depends."

That's simple enough, I think, for my 2015.

I'll get back to you on how this shapes my year.  Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...