Thursday, October 22, 2009

Math. Or Not.

I was not a good math student. I have never enjoyed math, never held a curiosity for it, and have generally left math up to others to think about and ponder and enjoy. Kind of like rum, I guess.

But one thing I do enjoy is fractals. I don't want to think too deeply about them, I just like to look at them. Living in a computer age permits a good visual aid to this enjoyment. But even back in my crayola days, I liked them. (I didn't call them my Fractal Color Books, though...)

I am a modest quilter. I'm not a perfectionist, and if you ever receive one of my quilts, I hope you don't scrutinize it too closely. It really doesn't bother me if my points don't line up. Someone should do a study on quilters who ARE perfectionists, whose points DO line up, and the rest of us, and see if there is a correlation between that and how much we enjoy math.

I think there is a correlation between fractal enthusiasts and quilters.

Anyway, here are some fractals that I thought were pretty. You can find more on your own, by Googling fractal images.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...